- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Gin martinis are the original martinis. Back when they were first created sometime in the early 1900s, a few dashes of orange bitters were added to this classic cocktail.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 dash orange bitters
- 1 thin orange peel twist to garnish
- Pre-chill a martini glass by putting in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill.
- Place the gin, vermouth and orange bitters into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with the orange peel twist and serve immediately.