- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Stacks of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and zucchini are covered with a fresh oregano, verbena and basil mixture, and then placed in the refrigerator to marinate for 3 hours. Serve with a bottle of Pinot Grigio.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 2 large tomatoes, cut to make 8 round slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch round slices
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon verbena leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the mozzarella slices into a 9-inch square baking dish and then top with the tomato slices and then the zucchini.
- Put the olive oil, garlic, vinegar, honey, oregano, verbena, basil, salt and red pepper flakes in a blender and process until smooth.
- Evenly pour the herb dressing over the cheese and vegetables, and then cover the dish and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to chill prior to serving.