- Prep: 12 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 12 hr 15 min
- Serving: Makes 4 marinated pork chops
Fire up the grill and cook these flavorful pork chops that have been marinated in a spicy jalapeno, garlic and ginger sauce overnight.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/2 of a medium-size yellow onion, chopped very fine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 medium-size jalapeno pepper, most of the seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the pork chops in a large Ziploc bag, and then add the onion, soy sauce, olive oil, ketchup, garlic, gingerroot, jalapeno and pepper. Remove any air from the bag, seal and then massage the bag to combine the ingredients. Put the chops in the refrigerator and marinate overnight.
- Prepare your grill over medium heat.
- Remove the chops from the bag, discarding the marinade, and then place onto the hot grill. Cook for 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness, and then serve immediately.