- Prep: 1 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 25 min
- Serving: Makes 8 Servings
Add these flavorful mozzarella balls to your antipasto platter or eat plain with a chunk of fresh country bread.
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (mix of basil and oregano)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh red pepper flakes
- Place the mozzarella in a strainer and drain for 20 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Place the mozzarella in a container and then add the herbs, salt and pepper, olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Gently stir to coat, cover and then let stand for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, at room temperature to allow flavors to infuse.