- Prep: 3 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 3 hr 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Succulent pieces of marinated chicken are threaded onto skewers along with olive oil and garlic-coated chunks of bell pepper and onion.
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 lemon slices
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 pounds), cut into chunks
- 3 bell peppers, colors of choice, cut into large chunks
- 1 or 2 purple or yellow onions, peeled, cut into large chunks
- Cloves of fresh garlic, peeled
- Chubby green onions, white ends only, cleaned
- Place 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, 2 minced garlic cloves, onion and hot pepper sauce into a bowl, and mix well to combine. Transfer the marinade to a large Ziploc bag and then add the chicken and the lemon slices. Seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to 8 hours maximum.
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the vegetables into a bowl and add the reaming olive oil and minced garlic. Toss well to combine.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and thread onto metal skewers, alternating between pieces of the vegetables. Grill the kabobs for 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately.