- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 12
Sweet potatoes are naturally delicious but even more so with this maple syrup infused sweet potato recipe.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, chopped into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spread chopped sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9 X13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes tossing to coat.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and continue cooking. Stop to stir two more times, and continue to cook for about one hour until soft and golden brown.