- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 12 People
Consider serving these spiced muffins at your next holiday meal.
- 2 cups flour
- 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese
- Beat eggs, pumpkin, milk, vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon syrup.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Blend flour combination into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup nuts; set aside.
- Cream 1/4 cup brown sugar, cream cheese and remaining syrup.
- Fold into pumpkin batter until mixture appears swirled.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Mix together remaining nuts and brown sugar; sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.