- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12 People
This is a fun variation of the much-loved chocolate brownie.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Pecan nut halves, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a square baking dish with waxed paper.
- Cream 1/2 cup butter, sugar, 4 tablespoons of syrup, eggs and flour.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips, 1/4 cup butter and remaining syrup over low heat. Allow mixture to cool slightly before spreading over cake.
- Press in pecan halves, then cut into squares.