- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 55 min
- Serving: 6
Gather your family and friends for a day of outdoor fun and a delicious BBQ meal. These country-style spareribs are a fantastic choice with their spicy yet sweet sauce. This ribs recipe is courtesy of the National Pork Board.
- 6 large country spareribs (about 4-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coarse grained mustard
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt and coarse ground black pepper
- Mix maple syrup, mustard, brown sugar, hot sauce, and soy sauce. Set glaze aside.
- Create indirect fire with foil drip pan half-filled with water. Lay ribs on rack over drip pan and brush with glaze.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, turning and basting every 15 minutes. Move ribs to hot side of grill.
- Brush with glaze, cover, and grill for 5 minutes. Repeat, turning and basting, until ribs are tender and brown (about 20 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.