- Prep: 4 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 4 hr 16 min
- Serving: Makes 8 kabobs
These sweet and citrusy marinated chicken kabobs are covered in a flavorful maple and lemon glaze. Serve on a skewer with grilled yellow squash and red onion.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 yellow squash, cut lengthwise into halves and then crosswise into pieces
- 1 red onion cut into chunks
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into 24 pieces
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl, toss to combine and then cover and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate.
- Prepare the oven broiler.
- Thread the marinated chicken, squash and onion onto 8-inch skewers and then place under the broiler, about 4-inches from the heat, for 3 minutes. Flip the kabobs and cook for an additional 3 minutes more. Serve immediately.