- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies are such a nice treat! Ideal for sharing with family and friends.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Beat in egg, syrup and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in coconut.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.