- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 People
Roasting brings out the natural sugars in squash. And this recipe enhances that with the addition of sweet, rich maple syrup and salty bacon. Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups cubed and peeled butternut squash
- 4 slices bacon, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the butternut squash until fork tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain the squash and set aside; wipe out the pot, if necessary.
- Set the pot over medium heat and warm it; add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp.
- Add the butternut squash and stir to combine. Use a potato masher to mash the squash; add the maple syrup, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.