- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes about 6 ounces
This recipe for maple and nutmeg syrup can be enjoyed drizzled over pancakes, waffles or ice cream. Alternatively, blend it into your favorite cocktails instead of sugar or plain simple syrup; the taste is richer and more aromatic.
- 8 ounces Grade B maple syrup
- 8 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat. Cover the pan and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes, and then set the pan aside until the mixture cools down to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture, discarding any solids, and then place in a bottle. Store the syrup in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.