- Prep: 360 hr
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 360 hr 10 min
- Serving: 30
Mango pickle made up of raw mangoes. You can enjoy it with your meals. Its Preparation time is 15 days equal to 360 hours.
- 500 g Raw mangoes
- 2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Salt (or to taste)
- 3 tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- 4 tbsp Fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Onion seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 large pinch Asafoetida
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 2 cup Mustard oil
- Wash, wipe and dry the mangoes.
- Cut each mango into about one inch cubes after removing its seed.
- Take a large bowl and add the mango cubes in it.
- Add and mix three tablespoons salt and turmeric powder in it. Keep aside for about 2-3 hours.
- In a grinder, grind half tablespoon onion seeds, fennel seeds,fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, mustard seeds and cumin seeds until they are converted into powder.
- Mix red chilli powder, asafoetida and salt in it.
- Take a pan and heat mustard oil in it until it starts smoking.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Add half quantity of mustard oil with grinded powder.
- Drain out excess moisture from mango cubes that were kept aside.
- Add mustard oil and grinded powder mixture to the mango pieces. Mix well.
- Add and mix the remaining onion seeds to it.
- Keep it aside for three days.
- Transfer it into a porcelain jar on the fourth day.
- Add and mix well the remaining oil into it.
- Tie the jar with a string after covering it with a muslin cloth.
- Keep in sunlight for ten days.
- Stir the pickle contents at least once on daily basis.