- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 1-1/4 cups of mango curd
When exotic mangos are in season, this is a great way to take advantage of their wonderful sweet flavor. Top the curd onto cake, ice cream or use as a filler for desserts.
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 3 large eggs, beaten until frothy
- Place the chunks of mango into a blender and process until smooth.
- Put the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the sugar, lemon juice, lime juice and zest, and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently, until the sugar has dissolved. Stir the pureed mango into the mixture and bring back to a simmer.
- Place the beaten egg into a bowl and slowly add some of the hot mango mixture while whisking vigorously to blend. Transfer the egg mixture to the pan and then cook the curd until just simmering.
- Pour the curd through a fine mesh sieve and into a bowl. Let the curd cool slightly before using.