- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Mahi Mahi is a very mild-tasting fish that pairs well with a variety of different flavors and cooking techniques. Try it in this recipe with yellow squash, zucchini and cannellini beans.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 12 ounces yellow squash and zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (19-ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8-ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 mahi-mahi fillets (about 3/4 in. thick)
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat and add 1-1/2 tablespoons of the oil. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and sauté, stirring frequently, for 3minutes.
- Stir in the squash and the garlic and sauté the mixture for 3 additional minutes before adding the beans, tomato sauce, water, rosemary and the pepper. Bring mixture to a boil and then add the fish.
- Cover the pan and simmer the mixture for 8 minutes. Serve immediately drizzled with the remaining olive oil.