- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 2
This dish brimming with zesty and fresh flavors has beautiful presentation with its vibrant colors of red and green from the blood orange and avocado. Serve with a side bowl of jasmine rice.
- 1 blood orange or 1 regular orange
- 1/2 cup avocado, cut in 1/3-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced red jalapeño
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2, 6-ounce mahi-mahi fillets
- Peel the orange, remove the pith and with a paring knife remove the orange segments and drop into a small bowl.
- Add the avocado, jalapeño, and lime juice to the bowl and toss to blend the ingredients. Sprinkle the salsa with salt and set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the mahi-mahi and sauté for 5 minutes per side, flipping only once.
- Place the fillets on 2 separate plates and spoon over salsa. Serve immediately.