- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This potent cocktail gets its enjoyable medicinal taste from the use of fresh herbs, bitters and Avera Amaro in its blend.
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped peeled green apple
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs, plus 1 to garnish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 12 large fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Averna Amaro
- 2 large egg whites
- 6 dashes of Angostura bitters
- Ice cubes
- chilled tonic water
- Cayenne pepper
- Place the apple, rosemary, sugar and mint into a cocktail shaker and muddle gently.
- Add the Averna Amaro, egg whites and bitters to the shaker.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then fill with ice. Shake the mixture for an additional 30 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh cracked ice.
- Top the drink with a splash of tonic water and then garnish with the rosemary sprig and a dash of cayenne pepper; serve immediately.