- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Fluffy as a cloud egg and cheese breakfast.
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/3 cups skim milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the margarine over low heat and mix in flour.
- Stir in 2 cups of the milk and cook over medium heat, stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Pour 1 cup of the mixture into a separate bowl. Mix in the beaten egg yolks. Stiffly beat the egg white and fold into the yolk mixture.
- Spread into an ungreased 8-inch round casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes, until puffy and golden.
- While that bakes, stir the cheese into the remaining milk mixture, stirring until melted. Mix in the remaining milk, remove from heat and serve over the the baked puff.