- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 servings
A simple, beautiful, salad. Wonderful for formal dinners.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon suga
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Heat the almonds and sugar together on low, until sugar is dissolved. Stir to coat almonds, remove from heat and cool. Break apart once cool.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces. Mix together with the oranges, celery and onions.
- When ready to serve mix all the dressing ingredients together. Drizzle over the lettuce mixture. Toss, serve with the almonds on top.