- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Macaroni and Cheese Loaf has all the great flavors of the classic but is sliced and served with tomato sauce for a unique meal.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1/2 pound American cheese, diced
- 1 1/2 cups milk, scalded
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small jar pimento, chopped
- 1 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce, heated to pass
- Cook macaroni 7 minutes in boiling salted water; drain.
- Melt cheese in top of double boiler. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add bread crumbs, butter, pimento, parsley and onion. Season. Add eggs. Fold in macaroni.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes or until firm.
- Unmold onto a large plate and slice. Pass tomato sauce.