- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Serve Luau Beef Strips over rice and watch your family dance the Hula!
- 2 pounds round steak, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1, 20 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 can mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium avocodo, sliced
- Cut steak into 1/8 by 2 inch strips. Brown steak in shortening in skillet. Add onions and 1/2 cup water. Simmer covered, for 30 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Add enough water to juice to measure 2/3 cup liquid. Combine with next 5 ingredients in saucepan. Cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Add sauce, pineapple and mushrooms to steak, mixing well. Cook covered, for 5 minutes. Fold in tomatoes and avocado. Cook until heated through. Serve over rice.