- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 3 cups
Trail mix is a perfect snack. It’s a tasty balance of carbs, protein, and fat and it’s easy to transport and tasty to eat. To lighten your trail mix calorie load, make your own low calorie combination of whole grains, fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- 1 cup puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, pistachios, or other nut of your choice
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries, currants, acai berries, or other fruit of your choice
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (omit if hiking on a hot day; they melt)
- Combine all ingredients in a zip close plastic bag.