- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
Enjoy eggs for breakfast or dinner with this super-fast and super-healthy veggie and cheddar cheese frittata.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 whole eggs plus 6 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Place oven rack about 8 inches from broiler and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium. Add spinach, diced tomatoes, and garlic. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Stir in spinach mixture and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the same pan. Add egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and shake pan to level ingredients. Place pan in oven; bake for 10 minutes, until eggs are just set. Turn oven to broil; place pan on rack under broiler for 2 minutes, until just browned. Remove from heat, slice into four pieces, and serve with sliced tomatoes and pepper.