- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Lovin’ dips and spreads but hating the fat? Then try this guacamole-inspired dip with a creamy blend of spinach and buttermilk. Not only is it lighter than classic dips, but it’s utterly delicious.
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Place the spinach in a pot of boiling water for no more than one minute. Remove, rinse under cold water, drain and squeeze dry.
- Use a food processor to pulse the spinach, buttermilk, half the onion, the chiles and the lime juice until the spinach is finely chopped. Do not over-blend the mixture.
- In a medium serving bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Fold in the spinach mixture, the tomatoes, cilantro and remaining onion.