- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
This creamy, classic Italian pasta dish gets an overhaul to make it fat-free, but keeps all the delicious.
- 12 ounces of fettuccine
- 1 broccoli stalk
- 1-1/2 cups of skim milk
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 3/4 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, then drain it.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, and peel and slice the stalk into pieces. While the past is cooking, bring a pot of salter water to a boil and cook the broccoli pieces for about three minutes, and drain when finished.
- Over low heat the skim milk and butter in a large saucepan, and slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer the mixture until it has thickened slightly, continuing to whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the milk and butter mixture from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese and salt.
- Add the fettuccine and broccoli to the mixture and stir over low heat until everything is heated through.
- Dish into individual serving bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese.