- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 8
Adding fresh herbs to desserts intensifies their summer flavors. Blueberries and lemon thyme are a delicious duo in this yummy berry crisp. Classic crisps and crumbles derive most of their fat from the butter in the topping. The following low-fat rendition cuts the butter without taking away from the sweet topping crunch.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon thyme leaves
- 1/4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into smally pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place blueberries, thyme, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice in a large bowl, tossing well to combine. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Add butter and use your fingers to rub butter into the oat mixture until it forms a coarse meal. Sprinkle oat mixture over blueberries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and blueberries are hot and bubbling. Serve with a low-fat ice cream or Greek yogurt.