- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 6
This hearty dish will be a touchdown for your low carb Super Bowl guests. For a change, substitute lean ground beef for the turkey.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) can roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened and translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add jalapenos and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Place ground turkey in saucepan and cook, breaking it up with a spatula, until almost browned.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and season with salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Stir in tomatoes and broth and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.