- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 12
Clementines are a refreshing addition to a traditional-style low carb cheesecake, offering a sunny color and refreshing flavor.
- 1 cup almond flour or meal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute or more to taste
- 2, 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Zest (minced) and juice from 2 clementines
- 1 cup granular sugar substitute or equivalent liquid sweetener
- Clementine segments for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine almond meal, butter and 1 tablespoons sugar substitute. Pour into the bottom of a 9- or 10-inch springform pan, and use your fingers or the bottom of a glass to press evenly. Bake for 10 minutes or until just lightly browned. Set aside to cool while you prepare filling.
- Put cream cheese in the bowl of a standup mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat until fluffy. Add ricotta and beat until well-combined. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition. Use a spatula to scrape down bowl.
- Add vanilla, clementine zest and juice and beat to incorporate. Add sugar substitute and beat until well-combined, scraping down bowl as needed. Wrap bottom and sides of springform pan with foil. Pour batter into springform pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Place springform pan in a large, deep baking dish and pour boiling water into baking dish until it is half full. Bake for 1 hour. Check cheesecake – if it is just set and no longer liquidy, remove from oven. If it is still jiggly with liquid, bake for 15 minutes or until the top sets. Do not overcook to the point that the cheesecake dries out and cracks (if it does, top it with low carb preserves).
- Remove cheesecake from water bath and cool on a wire rack. Remove foil and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to allow filling to set. When you are ready to serve, run a dull knife or thin spatula in between the cake and the sides of the pan. Loosen and remove sides of pan. Slice and serve with clementine segments. You can also warm low carb orange marmalade and drizzle on slices of cheesecake before serving.