- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Fried battered catfish.
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or skim milk
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Creole seasoning
- 1 pound catfish
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with the cooking spray.
- Mix together the egg white and buttermilk in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornmeal, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Slice the catfish into 2x1 1/2-inch pieces. Dip it in the buttermilk and then roll in the bread crumbs.
- Set in the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until flaky.