- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4
To make this a complete meal serve it with couscous, wild rice or mash potatoes.
- 1 pound Beef Flank Steak
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 small zucchini squash
- Place steak in a 13 X 9 inch baking dish.
- Stir all other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the steak, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours turning every 2 to 4 hours.
- Drain the steak, reserving the marinade.
- Bring the marinade to a boil.
- Cut the zucchini squash lengthwise in halves.
- Place the squash on the rack in a roiling pan, leaving room for the steak.
- Broil the vegetables 6 inches from the heat for 10 minutes, turning them and rearranging them as needed to cook evenly.
- Place the steak on the rack with the vegetables and broil for 6 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and broil about 8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the steak is cooked to desired doneness.