- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 12 individual servings
These delicious little puffs of pastry perfection are filled with tender lobster and creamy brie cheese. Serve as an appetizer or as a starter dish with a glass of chilled white wine.
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen pastry shells (12 total)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or champagne
- 6 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed, cut up into pieces
- 8 ounces fresh lobster, cut into chunks (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Fresh chives to Garnish
- Prepare the pastry according to package directions and set aside.
- In the meantime, place the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once melted, add the garlic and onion and sauté for 6 minutes until the onions are soft.
- Sprinkle in the flour and pepper and then stir in the cream and wine. Cover and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and bubbling, then add the brie cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in the lobster and cook for 1 additional minute until mixture is heated through.
- Carefully spoon the lobster mixture into the prepared pastry and then garnish with fresh chives.