- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 17 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
‘Linguine con Vongole’ or Linguini with Clams in English, is a classic Sicilian dish that is both simple and delicious. Feel free to shell the clams prior to tossing with the pasta and make sure to serve this meal with a bottle of Fumé Blanc.
- 1 pound linguini
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the linguini ‘al dente’ according to package directions and drain.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and red pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Stir in the clams and the water, cover the pan and simmer the mixture for 7 minutes. Remove any clams that do not open, and discard.
- Place the cooked pasta into the sauté pan and add a few grinds of fresh pepper, Toss the mixture to combine and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.