- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A simple and satisfying pasta dish, use fresh or whole canned tomatoes to keep this sauce nice and chunky.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (28-to 32-oz) can whole tomatoes in juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 pound dried linguini
- 4 ounces crumbled mild blue cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic, rosemary and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix in the tomatoes, oregano, sugar, and pepper flakes and then bring the mixture to a boil. Boil the sauce for 12 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and then toss with the tomato sauce and half of the blue cheese. Add any additional salt and pepper if needed and then serve immediately topped with the remaining crumbled blue cheese.