- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 31 min
- Total: 41 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A delicious dinner meal, this linguine with shrimp in creamy tomato sauce is simple enough to make as a weeknight dinner, yet elegant enough to serve guests at a dinner party.
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound large shrimp-shelled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes, olive oil and thyme in an ovenproof skillet, and season with salt and pepper. Roast the tomatoes for 25 minutes until their skins split.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta al dente according to package directions, drain and place back into the pot.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven and pour in the cream. Cook the mixture over medium heat, slightly mashing the tomatoes, for 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the cream mixture and cook for 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cream mixture over the pasta, and add the lemon juice. Toss the pasta to coat and then add the lemon zest and parsley and toss once more. Serve immediately.