- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
A lovely meal of Linguine with Arugula is easy, light, delicious and a makes for a great dinner presentation.
- 12 ounces linguine (you can substitute fettuccine or spaghetti)
- 1 large bunch of arugula (about 6 ounces), leaves torn & stems removed
- 1-1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain thoroughly.
- Use the pan that you cooked the pasta in to heat about 4 tablespoons of the olive oil. Over medium-high heat, add the drained pasta to the pan and then the arugula. Toss everything so the olive oil coasts the pasta & arugula. Cook for about 2 minutes, just until the arugula is wilted. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to a large bowl. Add about half the Parmesan cheese and the remaining olive oil. Add the salt & pepper to taste and toss together well. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top of the individual servings.