- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
Impress your friends when you serve these zesty cookies at your next tea time.
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together 2 teaspoons lime juice into milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar and egg.
- Stir in lime peel and milk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Blend flour combination into creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges become lightly browned.