- Prep: 5 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 hr 20 min
- Serving: Makes enough syrup for 6 beverages
Use this syrup in cocktails wherever ‘simple syrup’ is required. You can also make your own apple and lime pop by mixing this with chilled club soda.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 7 to 8 medium limes)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/8-thick slices
- Place the sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves, about 6 minutes, and then remove from the heat and pour in the lime juice.
- Stir to combine and then transfer the lime syrup to a 1-quart container and allow to completely cool.
- Place the apple slices into the lime syrup and stir to combine. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours so flavors can blend.
- Strain the mixture to remove the apple slices.