- Prep: 5 hr 12 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 hr 17 min
- Serving: Makes 6 drinks
This non-alcoholic beverage is a refreshing treat that your kids may enjoy even more than their traditional soda pop.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 7 to 8 medium limes)
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cut into 1/8-thick slices
- 3 3/4 cups club soda, chilled
- 1 medium lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Place the sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves, about 6 minutes, and then remove from the heat and pour in the lime juice.
- Stir to combine and then transfer the lime syrup to a 1-quart container and allow to completely cool.
- Place the apple slices into the lime syrup and stir to combine. Cover the mixture and refrigerate for at least 4 hours so flavors can blend.
- Strain the mixture to remove the apple slices, reserving for garnish.
- Fill a tall cocktail glass with ice and add 3 ounces of the lime syrup along with 5 ounces of the club soda.
- Gently stir the drink and then garnish with a few of the reserved apple slices and a wedge of lime.