- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
Lima bean and sausage vegetable dish.
- 4 cups shelled fresh lima beans
- 2 cups sliced smoked sausage
- 3/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place the beans in a 3 quart pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- While the beans are cooking, heat the bacon dripping, onion and sausage in a skillet until lightly browned.
- When the beans are tender add in the sausage mixture and salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.