- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 6 popovers
Popovers are light and hollow rolls made from an egg batter. Serve in place of traditional bread rolls as an elegant and attractive addition to your dinner table.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and grease a 6-cup popover pan with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients into a bowl and beat until just smooth, taking care not to overbeat.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling each cup 1/2 full, and then place in the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook the popovers for an additional 20 minutes.
- Immediately remove the popovers from the pan and serve hot with butter.