- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
You can still enjoy a creamy and decadent white sauce but without all the guilt by using evaporated skim milk in place of heavy cream.
- 1 pound fettuccine, uncooked
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus to serve
- 4 ounces green onions, sliced- white parts only
- white pepper to taste
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain well and then place back into the pot.
- Put the evaporated milk in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat. Add the parmesan cheese, onions and parsley to the pan and whisk vigorously until the cheese has melted.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and then toss well to coat. Season to taste with a few pinches of salt and white pepper, and then serve topped with some additional parmesan cheese.