- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Sandwiches
Egg salad makes a great sandwich but doesn't have to be super fattening. This egg salad recipe will keep your waistline in check.
- 8 hardboiled large eggs, chilled
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- 3 tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Lettuce and tomato (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, mash up the eggs with a fork.
- In a separate small bowl, combine all the other ingredients and stir until well mixed. Add this mixture to the bowl with the eggs and stir gently until well combined.
- Serve on whole-grain bread and top with lettuce and tomato if desired.