- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
We are always looking for tasty low fat appetizers that look great and taste even better. This recipe for light cucumber canapés is one of our more popular and savory staples that everyone really enjoys.
The Parmesan mixture also makes a great topping for crackers or tomatoes. It may be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated low fat Parmesan cheese or Asiago cheese
- 1 thickly sliced English cucumber
- Fresh parsley
- Place the cottage cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Drop about two teaspoons of the mixture onto each cucumber slice and garnish with a fresh parsley sprig.