- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 21 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Enjoy the rich flavor of this famous Italian specialty, but with half the calories. Serve over white of wild rice for a delicious meal.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-ounce chicken breast, butterflied
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, quartered
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- Place the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the garlic and onion and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and sauté for an additional 5 minutes, and then push to the side of the pan.
- Meanwhile, place the flour on a shallow plate and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture and place in the frying pan. Sear the chicken for 3 minutes on each side and then add the wine.
- Simmer the chicken for about 3 minutes and then add the half-and-half. Cook for 3 more minutes and then serve immediately.