- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 7 dozen cookies
Licorice Slices are uniquely flavored butter cookies that will get the attention of your guests and family.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon anise seed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter and add sugars. Cream again. Beat in egg.
- Add sifted dry ingredients. Stir in anise seeds and pecans.
- Shape dough into two 12 inch rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Slice rolls 1/4 inch thick and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool cookies on rack.