- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Combining the distinctive tang of blue cheese with a sweet fruit like pears creates a match made in heaven. Serve with some butter lettuce and toasted walnuts and you have the perfect salad.
- 4 tablespoons Stilton blue cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 Bosc pear, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- Put the lettuce and the pears in a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, place 2 tablespoons of the blue cheese into a food processor, along with the vinegar, and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the processor flute and mix until emulsified.
- Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to the dressing and then pour onto the lettuce mixture. Toss to coat and then serve garnished with the walnuts and the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.