- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 hr
- Total: 10 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
A healthy dish to serve your family that's full of fiber and a good source of protien.
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1-14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can vegetable broth (14 1/2 oz.)
- 1 can corn niblets with red and green peppers
- 1 pkg. frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 onion, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix together all ingredients except Parmesan cheese in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours (4 to 6 hours on high).
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- To serve, ladle into bowls; top with Parmesan cheese.