- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 4
Try this refreshing, zesty salad to kick off the warm season!
- 3/4 cup dried green lentils – rinsed
- 1/2 cup quinoa – rinsed
- 1 cup fresh asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/4 cup pomegranate red wine vinegar (or you can use 1/8 cup red wine vinegar and 1/8 cup pomegranate juice)
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves – chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 6 cups mixed radicchio and arugula leaves
- Cook lentils and quinoa according to the package directions, cool and set aside. Cook the asparagus by steaming or boiling it for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine the oil, vinegar, ginger, salt, black pepper, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Add the cooled lentil mixture, mint, and pine nuts to the oil mixture and toss gently until coated.
- Serve over arugula and radicchio mix.