- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 6 to 8 Servings
Who says delicious pate can’t be vegetarian? Serve with a basket of savory whole-wheat crackers and breadsticks.
- 1-1/2 cups canned cooked lentils, drained
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 6 teaspoons butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Water if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- Place the onion, garlic and butter into a large sauté pan over low heat and sauté for about 7 minutes until soft.
- Add the lentils, a few pinches of sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper and stir to combine.
- Once the mixture is warm, transfer it to a food processor, add the vinegar and blend until smooth.
- Place the lentil mixture in a shallow bowl and serve.